400 Denier High Density Coated Packcloth Nylon Fabric (Sold per Yard)
|Qty||Price (per unit)|
|1 - 69||$6.95|
|70 - 419||$5.65|
Sold Per Yard***We are in the process of switching mills for our 400D pack cloth. Some shades will vary when the move is made. This will allow us to offer more colors in the future, with the same quality. Full rolls of old mill colors will still be available in the future as a special purchase.***
400 Denier coated nylon fabric is the "elephant hide" of the outdoor fabrics. Typically created from 400 Denier nylon yarns, this High Density fabric is as tough as leather or vinyl, or any other fabrics on the market and yet is still light weight, workable and easy to sew. It is perfect for "extra duty" areas such as corners and bottoms on many items. It also makes the toughest bags where its extra weight is less important than superior toughness. This fabric is permanently sealed with a finish offering superior water repellent properties under all weather conditions that will not crack, blister or peel.
- 56" to 60" Wide
- 6.2 - 6.5 oz/sq yd
- Good for day packs, work aprons, lightweight luggage, heavy tarps, wallets, bicycle covers, gaiters, garment bags, gym bags and banners.
- Duluth packs
- Heavy duty tarps
- Work aprons
- Truck covers
- Director chairs
- Spare tire covers
- Boat covers
- Sea bags
Cold or luke warm wash. Tumble dry low. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners. Do not dry clean.
400 Denier High Density Coated Packcloth Nylon Fabric
|Nominal Width (Inches)||58-60 inch (147-152cm)|
|Nominal Fabric Weight (Oz/ Sq Yd)||6|
|Sales Unit||Linear Yard|
|Thickness (Inches)||0.012 inches (0.30mm)|
|Suggested Needle||Universal 80/12|
|Thread Suggestion||Bonded Nylon or all Polyester, T14 to T45|
|Country of Origin||Non-USA|
Information and documents provided on this website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Rockywoods Fabrics LLC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Web site; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. Rockywoods Fabrics LLC periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on this website without notice.
General Nylon Care Tips
Nylon fabrics are very durable and you can wash and dry them at home.
- Wash in cool to moderate water temperatures.
- Do not use bleach. For tough stains use a dry cleaning solvent first.
- Fabric softener is not recommended as it affects the function of the water repellent applied to some fabrics, but often times it can diminish a static problem. There are various brands of softeners with different chemistries and some will help static at the expense of water repellency, and others will have no effect on either. No softener will damage the basic fabric and will come off in the next wash
- HOWEVER, absolutely do not use fabric softener on waterproof breathable Nylon faced fabrics.
- Hang dry or dry in a medium temperature dryer.
- Remove from dryer and hang promptly to minimize wrinkles.
- You can iron with a presser cloth. Always test first on scraps or out-of-sight parts.
- 100% Nylon fabric can be dry cleaned
Some Nylon fabrics have a durable water repellent (DWR) finish on the front face of the fabric. The DWR helps the fabric shed water and stains. Over a period of time this DWR finish will wear off and needs to be replenished. If your fabric stops beading water on the front face you can replenish this finish with a protectant called ReviveX® Water Repellent for Outerwear. It comes in a cleaner and spray on form.