1680 Denier Coated Ballistic Nylon Fabric with Durable Water Repellent Finish (Sold per Yard)
|Qty||Price (per unit)|
|1 - 49||$15.49|
|50 - 499||$12.30|
|500 - 999||$11.95|
Sold Per Yard
This is a Ballistic Nylon fabric with a polyurethane coating on the back and durable water repellent finish on the front. It offers exception abrasion, puncture and tear resistance. It is often used for applications like soft-sided luggage, packs, knee, seat and calf strengthening on work wear, motorcycle chaps and apparel, office furniture, work and tool belts, and other items where abrasion resistance is a key characteristic. Ballistic nylon fabric is typically a 2x2 basket weave which provides a rough fabric texture. Contrary to the name, "Ballistic" nylon is not bulletproof.
|Black||Grey||Dark Navy||Forest Green|
|Rose||Yellow||Olive Drab||Dark Olive|
1680D Coated Ballistic Nylon Fabric with Durable Water Repellent Finish
|Nominal Width (Inches)||57-60 inch (145-153 cm)|
|Nominal Fabric Weight (Oz/ Sq Yd)||12.32|
|Sales Unit||Linear Yard|
|Thickness (Inches)||0.021 inches (0.53mm)|
|Suggested Needle||Jeans 100/18|
|Thread Suggestion||Bonded Nylon or all Polyester, T45 to T70|
|Country of Origin||Non-USA|
Information and documents provided on this website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Rockywoods Fabrics LLC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Web site; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. Rockywoods Fabrics LLC periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on this website without notice.
General Nylon Care Tips
Nylon fabrics are very durable and you can wash and dry them at home.
- Wash in cool to moderate water temperatures.
- Do not use bleach. For tough stains use a dry cleaning solvent first.
- Fabric softener is not recommended as it affects the function of the water repellent applied to some fabrics, but often times it can diminish a static problem. There are various brands of softeners with different chemistries and some will help static at the expense of water repellency, and others will have no effect on either. No softener will damage the basic fabric and will come off in the next wash
- HOWEVER, absolutely do not use fabric softener on waterproof breathable Nylon faced fabrics.
- Hang dry or dry in a medium temperature dryer.
- Remove from dryer and hang promptly to minimize wrinkles.
- You can iron with a presser cloth. Always test first on scraps or out-of-sight parts.
- 100% Nylon fabric can be dry cleaned
Some Nylon fabrics have a durable water repellent (DWR) finish on the front face of the fabric. The DWR helps the fabric shed water and stains. Over a period of time this DWR finish will wear off and needs to be replenished. If your fabric stops beading water on the front face you can replenish this finish with a protectant called ReviveX® Water Repellent for Outerwear. It comes in a cleaner and spray on form.